8 Back to School Tips for Better Sleep
- Meet your Minimum: Set a minimum amount of sleep each night and make it a point to always get your minimum sleep time or more. No amount of studying will make up for a bad night of rest. Our absolute minimum recommendation is 6 hours of sleep nightly.
- Utilize Calming Apps: Meditation and calming apps are extremely popular for working professionals these days, and it should be no different for you as a student. A variety of recent studies have shown the benefits to finding time to reflect on your day. Two very popular apps currently on the market are Calm and Headspace.
- Specialty Pillows: Be honest, some of your school work gets done while laying in bed. Specialty pillows like a lounge pillow can allow you to rest in comfort while staying productive. Also, you don't have to break your budget to get a great pillow. Whatever your needs are don't fill your room with grandma's old pillows!
- Set your Alarm the Right Way: There may be no more annoying sound than that of a traditional alarm clock. Many great alarm apps out there today can you help you ease into your morning. Alarmy is one of the best rated alarm apps on Apple's app store. Coffee never hurts either!
- Comforter: I still remember my old blue comforter from college. I'll be honest it wasn't very comfortable. I wish I knew then what I know now. An awesome comforter or duvet can make your sleep experience 10 times better.
- Decompression: Take just 30 minutes before bed without any electronic devices. I know that probably sounds like crazy talk, but blue light from electronics can ruin your sleep and keep you up all night. Not to pile on, but we also recommend to avoid eating a minimum two hours before bed. Going to bed before you have a chance to digest your food can lead to low energy, poor sleep, and even gaining weight.
- New Mattress: While this may seem obvious, mattress shopping can be very confusing. Many bed in a box options are low density foam toppers masquerading as mattresses. Luckily, we have a great recommendation for a high quality bed in a box mattress that can easily fit in your car!
Great sleep doesn't have to come with a curfew. It's your time to show you can manage all the challenges of living on your own. As you set about creating your plan take the simple steps above to make your day a little easier.
We started Sleep Galleria to make it easy for anyone to experience exceptional sleep. All of our relaxation and sleep related products are designed to help you be your best self. Learn more at SLEEPGALLERIA.COM