Best Tempurpedic Mattress Reviews 2021
Tempurpedic Mattress Reviews - Buying Guide
There is no question that Tempurpedic is the preeminent mattress brand in the United States today. Founded in 1992, Tempurpedic designed and popularized memory foam as an alternative solution to traditional mattresses. Through continued innovations over the last decade proprietary Tempur-material has evolved in its design to provide all the benefits of memory foam without any of the negatives.
Why is Tempurpedic the Best?
Whether you look at consumer study groups or medical professionals Tempurpedic stands far and away as the most recommended mattress in the United States today.
Over 25,000 medical professionals nationwide currently recommend the Tempurpedic brand to their clients. Its proven ability to alleviate pressure and reduce pain has and continues to be a game changer for the industry. The product maintains a 95%+ consumer satisfaction rate even considering the price of the product. These impressive statistics have recently been combined with J.D. Power ranking Tempurpedic as the #1 mattress in customer satisfaction for 2019. The advances in the conformance and pressure relief of the foam layers along with new cooling technologies has shown Tempurpedic isn't finished innovating yet.
The mattress has also been proven to last longer than every other brand in the market. It's industry leading impression requirement of 3/4 of an inch for a warranty claim is half the industry standard.
The Tempurpedic lineup has been simplified over the last two years, and the entire lineup of beds now constitutes only 12 models. This simplification of the series and focus on quality and innovation over quantity of models has been a big factor in the resurgence of the brand. Making up these 12 beds is 3 distinct collections with select models available with the Breeze technology.
Get Started - Tempurpedic Collection Overview
Tempurpedic Adapt Collection
The Adapt collection is the most affordable of this company's mattresses. The mattress only comes in a versatile medium feel, and is designed to be a gentle conforming feel ideal for back or stomach sleepers.
Available in Two Models
The cover is made from a specially engineered knit fabric that helps disperse heat at a faster rate and is cool to the touch. This cover is followed by a conforming comfort layer of Tempur Material designed to reduce pressure and melt away stress. In this collection you can choose between the all foam option and hybrid mattress.
Mattress Profie: 11 inches
Mattress Profie: 11 inches
Tempurpedic Pro-Adapt Collection
The Pro-Adapt has all the features of the Adapt collection while adding in some additional upgrades.
Available in Four Models
The Pro-Adapt features the addition of a removable zip off cover for easy care. The bed also uses an additional layer of their higher density Advanced Pressure Relieving (APR) foams that provide improved conformance and pressure relief. A SmartClimate stretch knit layer is used beneath the cover on the bed to improve the complexity of the conforming layers and assist with heat dispersion. The Pro-Adapt is available in a firm, medium or soft feel for those looking for differing levels of pressure relief in their bed. The medium feel can be selected in the standard style or a hybrid model is also available.
MattressProfile: 12 inches
Tempurpedic Luxe-Adapt Collection
For those looking for the most advanced pressure relieving materials in the world the Luxe Adapt collection stands on its own as the premier line of beds from the Tempurpedic line. Available in a firm or soft feel, these beds integrate a generous layer of Tempurpedic’s most advanced APR+ Tempur Material. The APR+ uses Tempurpedic’s highest density oam. APR+ is a faster reacting foam that will help you adjust to a new sleep position when you move around at night.
The APR+ also does a better job of micro adjusting to smaller contours in your lumbar for back sleepers and the curvature of your hip and shoulder complex for side sleepers. Our consumers can generally tell a big difference stepping between the Pro-Adapt and Luxe-Adapt collection. That said, the Luxe-Adapt lineup comes with a big jump in price compared to the Pro-Adapt series, and as compared to their Luxe-Adapt models is by far their most popular collection.
Mattress Profile: 13 inches
Tempurpedic Breeze Collection
The technology evolution of the Tempurpedic line has seen the most innovations over the last few years in their cooling technologies. This is seen in their adapt models with the new cooling cover and SmartClimate system. Any Tempurpedic in the new Adapt line sleeps relatively cool compared to the older models found in years past. For those individuals that sleep particularly hot the new Breeze collection can provide up to 8 degrees cooler feel than a traditional style bed. Tempurpedic has managed this cooling effect in a variety of ways.
This new collection includes redesigned Tempur Climate Management foams. These foams emphasized the importance of breath-ability from the top to the bottom of the mattress. The conforming layers use a new PureCool+ phase change material designed to provide additional heat dispersion during your natural stages of sleep. These beds take the cooling factor beyond the first twenty minutes of your sleep cycle to create a cooler feeling mattress all night long.
These features combined with the dual cooling cover used in the Pro-Adapt and Luxe-Adapt models makes these beds the absolutely coolest foam mattress in the industry today. These beds are available in a medium feel from the Pro-Adapt line or a firm or soft feel from the Luxe-Adapt collection.
Mattress Profile: 12 or 13 inches
Glossary - New Tempurpedic Innovations 2020
Cool to the Touch Cover: The new Tempurpedic cover was specially engineered with an ultra high molecular weight yarn that helps disperse heat at a higher rate than any other cover in the industry today. You can instantly feel the difference when you touch the top of the bed.
- Which mattresses offer this technology? All models from the Adapt collection and up utilize the cool to the touch cover.
- Smart Climate System: This technology is designed to work with the cool to the touch cover, adding a zip off top for convenience along with a super stretch inner layer to add to the conformance and comfort of the mattress.
- Which mattresses offer this technology? This system is available in the Pro-Adapt, Pro-Breeze, Luxe-Adapt and Luxe-Breeze collections.
- Tempur APR Foams: While the Adapt uses the legacy foams made by Tempurpedic called Tempur ES and their Original Tempur Material, the newly designed APR foams have advanced the conforming comfort and pressure relief of the materials. Tempur APR also boasts a high density foam, and weighs in as some of the most durable materials in their line.
- Which mattresses offer this technology? Tempur APR is available in the Pro-Adapt and Pro-Breeze line.
- Tempur APR+ Foams: The new Tempur APR+ moves the density of the material even higher. This adds to the complexity of the feel by increasing the conformance, pressure relief and support of the bed. APR+ is the industry standard for top grade pressure relieving materials.
- Which mattresses offer this technology? Tempur APR+ is available in the Luxe-Adapt and Luxe-Breeze collections.
- PureCool+ Phase Change Material: A phase change material absorbs excess heat when it changes from a solid to a liquid as our bodies begin to heat up the material. PureCool+ is a specially applied phase change material that absorbs excess heat from our bodies faster and more effectively than a typical phase change material.
- Which mattresses offer this technology? This technology is available in the Pro-Breeze and Luxe-Breeze models
- Tempur-Climate Management (CM)+: This material is reengineered Tempur material designed for maximum breahability as you sleep, without limiting the conformance and pressure relief of the bed. This new foam combined with the SmartClimate Dual Cover and PureCool+ ensures you sleep cool when you fall asleep, and all night long until morning.
- Which mattresses offer this technology? This technology is available with the Pro-Breeze and Luxe-Breeze collections.